Friday, November 16, 2007

Macros! Rotations!

Okay, really only one of each. In the previous post, someone mentioned the macro they used for Judgments. I've personally never really used a macro outside of old-school Decursive and targetting macros for various mobs in raid situations, so I confess to a bit of ignorance in the matter. So I tried it on our 4-man Heroic UB run the other night...

I like it.

The basic trick is:

/cast Judgement
/cast Seal of Command

Type that in for your macro and set it to your judgment button, and, with some caution, you'll never fail to have Seal of Command up for every proc - you can even cast it right before a swing with no worries.

The caution? Make bloody sure you don't hit the button while you're in GCD, or if you do, you have to click Seal of Command yourself. I'm still getting the feel of it, but I certainly see the potential it offers.

Using this macro and therefore lightening my button presses, I've found I'm generally able to fall into a steady rotation, which is more or less CS, Judge, CS, Rank 1 Consecrate, CS, Judge, Repeat. The 6-second CS adds a lot more activity, but I'm not feeling squeezed, and have still found time for Consecrate without getting screwed too much by the GCD. Things are looking up for our class!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I'm no paladin, I too never really used macros. I have that whole fear of them not working or...just a strict paranoia of it all. Almost the lack of 100% control? But I just recently made a macro for my aspects...and I like that it freed up some space. I too might look into specific attack sequences for macros.

Alex - aka Firelight said...

So far i'm liking the changes!

In Kara the other night i had a sustainable DPS or 1358!!!

Even though i wasnt top of the dps meter i was surprised to be 2nd of that. Awesome!

I think a lot of our guildies were surprised about that!!!

Ret FTW!!!

Alan / Falcon said...

This is a very nice macro, thanks for sharing! I started a new Pally and decided to test it with him and it is great. Just as long as you watch your cooldowns.