Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Little Inspiration for Aspiring Retnoobs

I critiqued the armory of a Ret Pally who requested help from BoK in this post, and lo and behold he not only finds his way here, but has his own Retribution blog!

Though there were indeed a few concerns about the gear overall, he's done an excellent job gearing himself out, and what's more, he's out there raiding and doing progression content in 25-mans as we speak.

It's important to remember as we hear crap from closed-minded guild masters, or get shot down by people pugging a 5-man, that Retribution is not only a solid, viable damage spec but that there are people out there doing it every day and making great progress in the end-game content. Paladins are breaking down walls - there was a post on Elitist Jerks from a Prot Pally who was the tank for his guild's first ever Illidan kill! Not only was he tanking progression content, he was doing so successfully for the biggest progression content there is. That's a hell of a statement for a class that's "supposed to heal."

So whenever you get frustrated with the people around you, take a look at the ret Pallies who are out there every day and doing the end-game stuff successfully. There are examples everywhere, and there are only going to be more.

4 comments:

Alex - aka Firelight said...

...and i thank you for you help!

I've fired you an email asking a few more questions! Hope you dont mind :)

I'm full of questions!!!

Michael said...

Thanks for the email Alex. Man, I've got quite a few things to discuss slotted up now: swing rotation, beta Paladins, the forum wars, offspecs, and I still haven't even created my Tankadin blog yet. Oy. Oh well, at least its nice to not have to think of a topic before you write!

Unknown said...

Tankadin blog! Do it!

Unknown said...

In 2.3 pallies will be able to muster up quite alot of HP aswell.

If I am not mistaken I think our tankadin said he would land almost around the same amount of HP as our MT.

I am thinking of trying out retrib aswell until Sunwell comes out, havent played it since I leveled up, so I will follow this blog with interest to increase my knowledge :)